Friday, September 23, 2005
Going to Edmonton for the weekend
Yeah I know it really has been a while, I am sorry for that. I mean I really don't know how many people read this, but it gives me a way to write my thoughts and if anyone is interested well then they can read. So this last week has been crazy, I have been so tired every night. We've been doing industrial firefighting all week and then to top it off on Monday a ran bleachers, Wednesday I ran 8km, and on thursday I biked oh well, nobody said things should be easy. I find that my weekends always go by so quickly, I guess its because I go home almost every weekend. I really find that there is not a whole lot to do here in Vermilion on the weekends, and the only people I know are the ones I go to school with every single day, and they also like to go to the bar a lot. Myself I don't really go to the bar, I just don't have the desire to get drunk. The going home every weekend will probably slow down in the winter, so I have no idea what I am going to do out here, I'll worry about that when the time comes I guess. For now I enjoy going home to see my family and friends and every one at church on Sunday. It's still not an easy thing not having many friends out here that are believers in Christ, but I was reading a comment that someone put on my blog from a previous post, that God puts us in situations to strengthen our faith, and its so true. This wont be the first time things haven't been easy and it wont be the last, no one ever said that christianity would be easy, but it is definately worth it! I think that sometimes I focus on the things that make stuff not so easy, when I could be looking at how I could be using this for the glory of God. Well I really should be studying before I leave for Edmonton, cause I have an EMT exam on Tuesday. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment